Saturday, January 21, 2012

Back and broke.

If there was a scale from rich to broke, the 'broke-est' a person could ever get would be called a Landy.

This is not good. Having bank accounts suck. I prefer the days when I kept money in some brown envelope cause then, I NEVER overspent money. I loved looking at the envelope thickening with money and I would rarely spend it. Unless of course...there was something I really, really wanted to get. Now, I don't know. I spend money like my mother grows a money tree behind our house (It would be awesome if she did). I can only imagine what I'd do if I have a credit card. You know what I should do? I should start reading up on self-control. And financial management.

I'll get my salary on the 31st of January. After that, I'll have to promise myself I won't overspend anymore!

Well... come to think of it... I spend a lot of money now cause I buy LOADS of cosmetics. Expensive, cheap, whatever. Sometimes even things I don't use. Back when I was too busy admiring my money in the envelope, I've not discovered the magic of makeup. I thought it was a bunch of unnecessary crap.

Hate to say I was wrong.

Till this day, I don't know why I like makeup so much. I don't know how I can admire a pink lipstick with gold shimmer and stare at it like there's a whole new revelation behind it. I just don't know. It's an interest, i guess. Or specifically, AN ADDICTION.

Back to finance, I hate to say this, but I'm gonna stop buying makeup.



Okay we all know that's a lie. I'll buy LESS makeup :P

What I've been up to the whole week:

1. Work--I had the least amount of books this week because of Chinese New Year. But my dad made me do some extra work. He's making me frame and type questions on every chapter of Around The World in 80 Days. I didn't finish reading it yet, but I did start typing questions. I'm only at Chapter 6. There are 17 chapters. My deadline is tomorrow :'(

2. Reading--I read some book called Once Was Lost. It's by Sara Zarr. I've been trying to get her other book, Sweethearts, but I couldn't so I got this one instead. Meh, this book was okay. It was mostly about doubting religion and how hypocritical religious people can be. It's nothing I don't already know. I like how it was written, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

3. Rediscovered Instagram and Omegle--Hated instagram but now I think it's okay. Omegle because I found the application for it on my phone so instead of tv late at night, I sort of irritated strangers :P


But i also met some nice people I didn't have the heart to annoy so I made decent conversations with them.

Other than that, mostly work. So, basically, I have no life. Internet wise, I don't go online often cause my dad switches off the connection :( Plus, I don't like facebook. Never did. I like blogging, but I need a long time to type a post so yeah. If you see me online, it's through my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment